Friday, December 14, 2007

Yet another...

So, looks like if everything goes according to plan, tonight will be a productive, AND fun evening. Looks like I'll finally be setting up my studio again, since the eviction. This is great news, since Ive literally not worked on anything NEW in like 2 months. In the oven will be some new shit for Rhymefest (cross your fingers!!!), and of course, some new shit for A.V.E. Theres a couple of really strong concepts Im playing around with, so I guess Ill work those out and see what happens. YERP!

No that thats out of the way... I TRIED to go Christmas shopping today. TRIED is the key word here. Two things were really holding me back from getting into it. One of those being my Mom. This will be the first Christmas without her, and it was just tough looking at stuff that she would have liked, knowing I cant pick it up for her. The second thing that was bothering me is something that Im certain bothers a lot of young people (but certainly DOESNT bother alot, too) is the idea of the consumer. How NON-genuine pretty much anything you buy at a store is going to be... regardless of what you payed for it. I discussed this briefly with a friend recently, and decided that the only REAL gift you can give, is a good deed, or something you put together yourself-be that a song, a photograph, a painting, drawing, whatever. I just found myself wandering around TWO STORES, for a total of maybe an hour and a half, and Im absolutely DRAINED. Drained from looking at bullshit. Bullshit that will have little effect on the recipient, and eventually be slid aside, in favor of something newer, or cooler, or shinier. It just upset me is all. It made me feel like all we as people do is consume. Which funnels out into a whole slew of other problems I have with Americans. More than anything else, it made me feel stupid, and manipulated. Any half-witted person should be a little pissed by the pressure put on EVERYONE at this time of year, PRESSURE TO SPEND SPEND SPEND! Credit card applications EVERYWHERE, discounts EVERYWHERE. Go ahead, sign up for that 10% off, and spend the money you dont have-in turn imprisoning yourself with debt for a couple more years.

Shit. That started to go south. If youre reading this, all Im really trying to say is.. use this time of year as a tool to improve your relationships. Love your family, friends, and strangers, because like I said, and firmly believe... the greatest thing you could do for someone, now, or anytime for that matter, is something nice.

Merrrrrrrrrrrry Christmas!


-Juan Consumertron.

1 comment:

zaire said...

a nation crippled by consumerism? I think you're startin to see the light playboy


it aint by accident that the consumer market is targeted HOARD by companies/corporations during christmas time....


whatever tho, i make beats for the streets HOLLA